Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Celebrate New July!

    This week I'm using the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle and some new DSP from the Sale-A-Bration catalog, and Annual catalog. The sunflowers are pretty. I love the detail you can use to make the coloring look real. 

    The first card, I used the Textured DSP from the new catalog that matches perfectly with pool party and soft succulent cardstock. I used the sprig dies for the leaves under the flower, cut a long piece of ribbon, continuously tied bows then used glue dots to connect them. The little embellishments are the matted gems. 



The second card is even simpler. I didn't color anything. I stamped the flower on a piece of vellum. When using vellum to stamp, you must be careful because the ink takes a very long time to dry. I waited several minutes before I die-cut the sunflower out. You have to use tear and tape or snail on the back of the vellum otherwise, you will see the glue or the dimensionals. When I put the snail on the back, several minutes after die-cutting it, there was still a little bit of ink on the paper on my desk. It didn't smear the image. The DSP on the back is the brushstroke. This paper is so shimmery and so pretty. It comes in a dark navy blue, pink, and green color that matches the soft succulent. 











 


No comments:

Post a Comment