Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Mother/ Daughter Project Day 9 Beautiful Balloons

 Day 9

    These cards didn't really come out of a design from my mom. I picked the PDF I wanted to use, then picked the cardstock, DSP, and stamp set. These are the cards that came from choosing these products. I used Shimmery White, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, and Basic White cardstock. Then I decided to use the Gold Celebrations Specialty DSP, there are two sides, gold, and silver, and I chose to use the polka dots. I used Polished Pink, Fresh Fresia, Daffodil Delight (stamped off), and Momento ink. 

    For the first card, I wasn't really sure what I was going to do. Seethrough paper is hard to use, also the DSP isn't paper it's like flexible plastic and pretty thick. I cut the base to be 11 x 4 1/4 and scored it at 5 1/2. The first layer of cardstock is the same measurements 5 1/8 x 4. I have discovered with Vellum and DSP like this glue dots are the easiest to use. It sticks well and you can't see it. The balloons I fussy cut out instead of using the coordinating dies and twine for the string of the balloon. Also used glue dots to keep the string in place. 



    For my second card, I really wasn't sure what I was going to do. I thought I was going to do more but instead of using a color cardstock, I used Shimmery White, a matte layer of Tahitian Tide, and then stamped a party decoration scene. Since the DSP is seethrough I used the silver side this time and just placed it on top. As I looked at it after I put it all together I didn't think it needed more than that. The sentiment belonged on the inside and I just added a little confetti. 



Both of these cards were really simple and what I came up with. I really like this balloon set. It is always fun and festive. As always my cards are for sale. you can contact me: asciolla.emma@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment